Information for Parents & Carers - Children
Parenting is one of the most difficult jobs anyone can do. It can be both challenging and rewarding and we believe every parent/carer experiences some difficulties at some point with this. Keeping our children and young people safe and free from harm is always a major concern. The parenting resources below are to provide you with relevant information whatever age your child is.
We want these pages to be a very useful resource and guide for parents and carers regarding keeping children safe from harm. Therefore we would like to invite you to email us with ideas of making the page more informative, user friendly along with sharing any related links that you feel others could benefit from. Your views are important to us.
Quick link to:
Family Information Services (FIS):
- Sexual Health
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Keeping Children Safe Online
- other topics about keeping children and young people safe from harm
- Keeping Children Safe - a Guide for Parents and Carers
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) service
- Keeping it Together: New Book for Parents Coping with CSE
- Staying Safe Online: Parental Control Software
- How Effective is Parental Control Software?
- Your Family Friend: Support and Help for Parents and Guardians in Wales
- Kidscape - advice about Bullying, helpline & anti-bullying resources
- Family Rights Group
- Child Rights International Network (CRIN)
- The Prince's Trust
- Kinship Care Guide for Wales
- Teenagers: sexual health and behaviour factsheet
IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT A CHILD - Click here
Updated on 12/10/16